Clear
70°F |  Forney, Texas |  Clear |  Humidity: 64% |  Wind: 3 mph

Login or Register

LOG IN

inForney.com

A+ A A-

The Cedars at Gateway Apartments in Forney announces site amenities

The Cedars at Gateway Apartments will begin construction in Forney on May 1, 2013. As previously reported on inForney.com, the Planning and Zoning Commission and the Forney City Council have already approved the preliminary plat plans for the site. The upscale apartments will be located near the new Gateway Bridge, north of Highway 80, east of FM 548, and south of Reeder Road, on nearly 14.5 acres of land.

According to Petrol-Hunt, the three-story apartment complex will take 18 months to complete and should be ready for full occupancy by October 2014. However, they anticipate that the first units will be available for lease by June 2014. There will 334 units, with 76 percent of those being 1-bedroom units, and the other 24 percent being 2-bedroom units. The square footage and leasing prices of the apartments has not yet been released. Each apartment unit will have washer/dryer connections, and there will be three floors of apartments.

Related: Gateway Bridge ceremony is a piece of history in Forney's future

The apartment complex itself has been designed to include a beautiful pool and deck area at the center of the complex. There will also be an on-site workout facility and at least two common areas for recreational use. The exterior of the apartments will be primarily brick and stone, with metal and wood being used for the patio railings. The complex will be lined with a variety of tree types, including Live Oak, Cedar Elm, Red Oak, Pine, Caddo Maple, White Ash, and many others.

Though some community members have expressed their displeasure at any additional apartment complexes coming to Forney, the majority of the responses have been positive to having The Cedars at Gateway in the city limits. Forney Mayor Darren Rozell believes the apartments will appeal to young professionals in our area who want to be in Forney, but who do not yet want or need a “full house.” The City of Forney is the fastest growing city in Kaufman County and has already crossed the 15,000 population threshold. It is anticipated that by 2017 nearly 18,000 people will live within the Forney city limits. By 2017 there should also be over 45,000 people in the Forney neighborhood service area.
Last modified on
Sherri Thornhill

Sherri Thornhill is a freelance photo-journalist for inForney.com. Sherri has a degree in Criminology and spent 10 years as a police officer in California. You may contact her with any questions, or comments at the email address provided below.

Email This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

More from inForney.com

  • Local News
  • Sports
  • Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Lifestyle
  • About Us

Who's online...

We have 313 guests and one member online

  • forney9

Stay Connected

Facebook Twitter #inForney

©2010-2014 inForney.com

Contact Us (online form)
Submit a tip (online form)
Advertise with us
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Address: P.O. Box 3295
Forney, Texas 75126
All text and images are subject to Copyright ©inForney.com 2010-2014. All Rights Reserved. Material may not be copied, rewritten, or broadcast without express written consent from inForney.com. Stay Connected and R U IN?inForney.com

inForney.com provides Local News for Forney, Sports scores and photos, Community Calendar with events in Forney, our Online Business Directory for Forney businesses and restaraunts, and Forums and Chat for Forney residents!

Upgraded by: Web Design Company ©.