inForney.com

Turn off/on Sound Smileys History Popout Chat
21:18-- DebbieKay: pizza places, spas...
21:18-- DebbieKay: tanning salons...
21:20-- DebbieKay: If people just looked at our businesses they would guess that the people of Forney looked like oompa loompas...large, spray tanned, but with nice hair and nails heh heh heh
21:24-- yesitsme: (I forgot pizza and tanning for sure. Spas - not so much) I know! .. large, tanned, with nice hair and nails and clothes.
21:24-- yesitsme: ... that vape.
22:27-- Calvinator24: Does anyone know when and why Eastfield stopped offering in-county tuition to Forney residents?
0:35-- DebbieKay: ^^^I've been here 10 years and Eastfield never offered Forney residents in-county tuition because we are in Kaufman County not Dallas County. And as far as TVCC goes the Forney voters have voted down paying extra in taxes so that we would be in TVCC's district time and time again.
4:12-- Calvinator24: I am personally familiar with Forney families who have received in-county tuition at Eastfield in the past. The Eastfield website still lists Forney (and Crandall for that matter) as being "in-District" for tuition. They do not, however, honor that. I know it was still in effect for the 2012-13 year, but I am not sure about this past year.
12:53-- DebbieKay: Doesn't say anything about Forney and Crandall being in-district
14:25-- jaxielovesJesus: Mornin fokks
14:25-- jaxielovesJesus: folks
23:55-- dstuart101: My daughter and I both attended Eastfield - no "in county" tuition was ever offered to us.
13:28-- CSandone: Good morning. I am new to the forum, but I noticed this thread and I wanted to comment. My name is Cody Sandone and I am one of the owners of the Vapor Spot.
16:57-- yesitsme: Welcome Cody!! (I replied to your thread post).
16:58-- yesitsme: --- InForney Vapers, you got a deal coming! ---
16:58-- yesitsme: [Uh, there is probably three. Meh]
16:59-- yesitsme: My remaining question... IS there a Vape Store (specializing) on 548 or not?
17:00-- yesitsme: ... 548 in Forney
17:03-- yesitsme: I forgot to say to you Cody ---- CONGRATS on your business, and I wish you SUCCESS!
17:06-- yesitsme: [I really figured Vapor Spot for a chain .. or at least franchise. Is it?]
0:08-- yesitsme: Ok_LOL
0:09-- yesitsme: Made me -literally- laugh out loud a few times. (He wants to hit me on the head with a crowbar now) Actually I have to watch it about 24 more times to get all of it. SOME of it is -right at me! ... Like using quotations for (and other stuff I use) for emphasis.
0:11-- yesitsme: AND, it's funny on a couple of levels too. Like the music video parody visuals.
0:17-- yesitsme: "it's really fantastic!" - you write like a spastic. What's wrong with "really fantastic"?
0:18-- yesitsme: and ha! on "get out of the gene pool - try not to drool"
17:53-- yesitsme: If any business or person wants to sponsor for FHS March-A-Thon this year, Deadline is August 4th to do that. forneyhsbandboosters@gmail.com is the contact.
17:54-- yesitsme: The March-A-Thon is August 16th. I don't know the route for it this year yet. It ENDS at the Spellman Amphitheater w the free (brief) concert by the band.
17:56-- yesitsme: ... at Noon
23:16-- Calvinator24: The availability for Forney students at Eastfield was as part of the Dual-credit program.
23:16-- Calvinator24: This option is no longer available.
1:23-- DebbieKay: Forney ISD is one of the "participating" schools in the Dual Credit program at Eastfield according to your link.
17:38-- Gonzo: Seems to me then that Dual Credit and In District are not the same thing
1:29-- DebbieKay: "tuition is waived for eligible students" is usually code for "attends a Title I school" or is eligible for free/reduced lunches. Maybe the people he knew received "in district" tuition rates because of this. I know some tests (PSAT, AP, etc., have some sort of reduced fees based on eligibility for free/reduced lunches).

Only registered users can send messages, register or login
A+ A A-
Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Yummy or Yucky? Thumbs Up? Down? You decide! Rate your local business (in)Forney(.com)!

TOPIC: SAKURA Sushi and Grill

SAKURA Sushi and Grill 1 year 1 month ago #1

• DebbieKay
  • Gold Boarder
  • AKA MamaBear
In the spot that was once Quattro Tasti and is right next to The Hole Thing (in Kickapoo Trace center at FM548 and FM740) across from Forney High School is a sign that says: Sakura Sushi and Grill Opening Soon.

OK BAS and all you other critics out there you may now predict their demise based on location, no lunch crowd in Forney and it being "meh". Haters gonna hate. Personally, I wish them the best of luck. :taunt:
Shop Forney First
The administrator has disabled public write access.

Re: SAKURA Sushi and Grill 1 year 1 month ago #2

• BAShaun
  • Expert Boarder
DebbieKay wrote:
In the spot that was once Quattro Tasti and is right next to The Hole Thing (in Kickapoo Trace center at FM548 and FM740) across from Forney High School is a sign that says: Sakura Sushi and Grill Opening Soon.

OK BAS and all you other critics out there you may now predict their demise based on location, no lunch crowd in Forney and it being "meh". Haters gonna hate. Personally, I wish them the best of luck. :taunt:
I wish almost everyone the best of luck. It's not like I wish these businesses would close. I just wish they would have a product worth buying. If Sakura has a good product, especially priced less than Tokyo Harbor, they will succeed. In fact, if they have a good product priced cheaper than Tokyo Harbor, I predict the demise of TH instead. Even if it's just average though, you can bet they won't last.

Re: SAKURA Sushi and Grill 1 year 1 month ago #3

• katiev
From what I understand the owner of this one also owns Miyako in Terrell. Check them out on Facebook...Miyako Terrell. I have heard it is outstanding sushi AND cheaper than TH. Now I am getting excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sushi every day for lunch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: SAKURA Sushi and Grill 1 year 1 month ago #4

• l8nighter
  • Senior Boarder
definite thumbs up for Miyako in Terrell. I approve.

Re: SAKURA Sushi and Grill 1 year 1 month ago #5

• BAShaun
  • Expert Boarder
katiev wrote:
From what I understand the owner of this one also owns Miyako in Terrell. Check them out on Facebook...Miyako Terrell. I have heard it is outstanding sushi AND cheaper than TH. Now I am getting excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sushi every day for lunch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Excellent! Now I'm getting excited too! :partyblower

Re: SAKURA Sushi and Grill 1 year 1 month ago #6

• EvilRoy
  • Fresh Boarder
I like my Sushi fried.........
Time to create page: 0.173 seconds

More from inForney.com

• Local News
  • Sports
  • Crime
  • Entertainment
  • Education
  • Lifestyle
  • About Us

Who's online...

We have 267 guests and one member online

• forney9

Stay Connected

Facebook Twitter #inForney

©2010-2014 inForney.com

Contact Us (online form)
Submit a tip (online form)
Advertise with us
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Address: P.O. Box 3295
Forney, Texas 75126
All text and images are subject to Copyright ©inForney.com 2010-2014. All Rights Reserved. Material may not be copied, rewritten, or broadcast without express written consent from inForney.com. Stay Connected and R U IN?inForney.com

inForney.com provides Local News for Forney, Sports scores and photos, Community Calendar with events in Forney, our Online Business Directory for Forney businesses and restaraunts, and Forums and Chat for Forney residents!

Upgraded by: Web Design Company ©.

Login or Register